Tuesday, March 25, 2008

List of Throwing Websites and Resources

I get asked a lot what parents/coaches can do to help their young throwers.  Throwing doesn't just involve explosive, athletic movements but is incredibly technical and the better students an athlete is of their sport the better their chances for success.

I've been wanting to do this for awhile now and there are quite a few websites out there that include similar information but these are some resources that you can use for information or to find video archives. (I think having an idea of what a good throw vs bad throw looks like is essential.) 


As an alumni of this fine throwing school, I have to give it props.  I'm not sure if its completely up to date because I don't THINK I'm in the top ten for hammer anymore.  But if you would like to hang out in some fine throwing company, hang out at a meet at Colorado State.


I love this site, I used to watch tons of video in the pre-youtube era.  Two of my personal favorites are Olga and Yipsy.  But I could stew over these for hours!


The Thrower's Page...this IS the list of links when it comes to finding a website about throws.  It also includes school rankings etc.

If you come across any great sites, let me know and I'll add them.  Good luck!  Throw far!

No comments: