Sunday, September 28, 2008

Corn Festival '08

This weekend was the annual Haxtun Corn Festival and while its a big deal, I don't have much to report. I think everyone loves corn fest because its the one day of the year all of our high school buddies gather for trip down memory lane when we had to make our own fun in Haxtun because there REALLY isn't much to do. (= there is not much to say about it) I had a wonderful time catching up with my buddies and their families. I wish we could all get together like that more often. While I didn't really learn anything new this year, I was reminded of a few things...

1.) Gus likes the disgusting petrified pickled eggs.
2.) The legion is always way too hot and they always run out of beer
3.) I need to make a cd of all the music that seems to be required at the leeej... ACDC, Van Halen, Metallica, Vanilla Ice, and Sir Mix a lot.
4.) Casey and Marc sneak in hard boiled eggs. They have to, how many years have they won in a row now?
5.) I'm always bored by 1 pm and in need of a college football nap.
6.) Why can't the school and the town ALWAYS have homecoming on the same day again?
7.) my old nicknames. Wow. And the names we call our friends. Wow.
8.) I graduated with 22 people in my class and I had a blast in high school.


ps. Jess and I did not win the egg toss. I blame it on a faulty egg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time - was much better than watching the Rams get their butts kicked against Cal I'm sure!

I can't even imagine the nicknames that came out last weekend and it almost scares me to think about all of mine! :)