Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Scones

I like to cook and bake but I don't get a lot of time to do it. Since softball is now over and I have an actual Saturday. I found a pumpkin scone recipe on the internet and I modified it to suit my liking.

Pumpkin Scones
(makes 1 dozen)

Ingredients:
2 cups of flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. ground ginger
6 T. cold butter
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 t. vanilla
3 T half and half
1 large egg


TO MAKE THE SCONES:

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Using a pastry knife or fork, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and no chunks of butter are obvious. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, half and half, vanilla and egg. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Form the dough into a ball.
  4. Split dough in half and pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into a 1-inch thick circle Use a large knife or a pizza cutter to slice the dough into six pieces. Do the same with the other half. Place on prepared baking sheet.
  5. Bake for 14–16 minutes. Scones should begin to turn light brown. Place on wire rack to cool.
  6. Glaze scones (mix one cup of powdered sugar and 2 T. milk) or top with some sugar. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have been at the football game......I'm disappointed Lis (but I'm still stealing this recipe!) :)

Unknown said...

yes, count me in for a home game. How many more do they have????

I don't know if these are better than dumb starbucks, but I'm a fan.