Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

This year I was in charge of bringing the pumpkin pie. I combined a bunch of recipes together and it turned out pretty good. Here is what I did:

Pumpkin Pie (this makes two pies)

1 29oz can of pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup half and half
5 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
2 t. vanilla
½ t. salt
2 T. flour
2 T. cinnamon (maybe a bit more)
1 t. ginger
1 t. nutmeg
½ t. ground cloves


1.) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2.) Combine all spices, salt and flour with white sugar, set aside.
3.) Add pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, spices and mix.
4.) Slightly beat eggs, add to evaporated milk, half and half, and vanilla
5.) Add wet ingredients to pumpkin mixture
6.) Pour in pie shell (use Grandma Renzelman’s pie crust recipe)
7.) Bake at 425 degrees for 15 min
8.) Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for a remaining 45 min. I had to cook mine a bit longer, you just have to check with a tooth pick or knife to make sure they are done.


Note: when I combined recipes some call for two eggs, some call for three for one pie so when I made two I added an egg (hence FIVE eggs) also since I haven’t made pumpkin pie for awhile I was worried about it setting up right so that’s another reason I added a couple tablespoons of flour. I love cinnamon so I probably used more than two Tablespoons of cinnamon, but that’s up to you. ;)

No comments: