Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July 2009!

I decided to take a break from studying (I still have a quiz to do today before I go play) to write for my outdated blog!

The most exciting news I have to report is that I won Blues Traveler tickets for tonight at Red Rocks so my friend Kim and I are headed to Morrison.

Beyond that I've spent the last couple weeks working on my classes, and working out.

I've really enjoyed my Methods of Coaching Class. I recently did a book review on Bowerman and the Men of Oregon by Kenny Moore and definitely recommend the book to anyone. (Bowerman was Prefontaine's coach and helped found Nike) My Methods of Research class is not near as exciting. I've started reading Cantor's Dilemma for a required book review and that's been the most enjoyable part. The rest of the class has been filled with talk of research and statistics. UGH.

As far as working out goes, there are a bunch of women around Ft Collins who usually play in the volleyball leagues during the fall, winter and spring. But, since there is not too much organized ball, we constantly call up each other and meet at a sand court around town for an hour or two. I went climbing with Jeff again yesterday and I've decided that is a GREAT workout. Then I have my normal softball games on Sundays.

My garden is doing well, I have tomatoes and cucumbers growing both of which I'm very excited to eat.

As far as the next few weeks, I'm sad because summer is winding down and things are starting to get really busy again. Not to fear though, I still have some fun events. I'm driving my Grandma Harms to my cousin's wedding in Lincoln NE (that I even bought a new dress for) and I'm going to my niece Tessa's second birthday party. I'm doing a ton of stuff for track this summer and I'm about to get started with those things. I have a few days planned at the USATF level I certification class in Boulder that I'm glad they are offering in Colorado, then of course there is the NCAA test for coaches. Sadly I still haven't been backpacking and I'm hoping I can find time to do the Baker-Bowen loop in Rocky Mountain National Park/Never Summer Wilderness. I said I wanted to do Maroon Bells this summer but on this time frame I'm not seeing it getting done.

I hope all is well for everyone! I can't believe how fast the summer is going! (we go back Aug 7...AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH) Get ready for some vegetables!

No comments: