Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Busting Out My Running Shoes

I got a call Sunday from an old high school friend that said, "run the 5k at Cornfest" like a moron I agreed.

The kicker as I've been thinking about how I'm going to get my legs in shape for a just over three mile race is that I swore (in my more in shape days) that I would never train for a 5k. That "anyone" should be able to go jog three miles. I'm a little afraid that now I'm going to severely eat those words, so now I've got to figure out how to get in shape in a little less than two weeks.

There is more to it than pride, I know I'm going to get it handed to me, but I remember when Adam fresh out of chemo was running this it is now in my mind a nice little tribute to him and all he went through and so if someone like Adam could run it in the state that he was in, so can I.

I can tell you all I'm in no shape now for what "anyone" should be able to do and I'm expecting some support! I'm pumped for Cornfest and I can't wait to see all my friends and old classmates! I can't believe it's been 10 years!

No comments: