Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dual Certification!

It just dawned on me that after this spring I will be eligible for dual certification in my teaching license for both secondary social studies and physical education.

It's a crazy time for education in Colorado. They will be cutting about 260 million from the budget (if I can remember right) yikes. I've heard that Greeley schools and Longmont schools will be cutting teachers next year.

Our superintendent has come by and said that the priority of the school district is to not cut any jobs, even if that means a salary freeze (which I'm already anticipating)We've been assured our district is in better shape than a lot of schools.

Sooooooo..... dual certification seems like a good thing for me right now as I could potentially do more for the school. I'm feeling proud of myself!

No comments: