Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thank you Thank you Thank you


My thyroid is gone...as of Tuesday around 9 am. I've been recovering nicely since, my wound is pretty crazy right now, but I'm sure it will be fine soon enough.

I wanted to say how absolutely and overwhelmingly loved everyone has made me feel since. I had many awesome visitors in the very short time I was in the hospital and I've had many more since. I've gotten cards and emails from people I'd never expect to hear from about a little surgery and every word, card, flower, nike arm band ;) has moved me with its thoughtfulness.

The doctors and nurses were also great and I'd highly recommend the Northern Medical Center to anyone. Especially Dr. Fraiser, who has operated on both mine and my grandma's neck.

A very very special thanks goes to my dear friends Kim Falkner and Peter Reding who have opened their home to me and catered to all my random needs.

Here is the picture of the wound... OUCH! I should also add that it does look a little worse than what it really is.

No comments: