Monday, July 28, 2008

Five Life Goals

It seems with the start of each school year, I always begin thinking of my life goals and what I would ideally like to accomplish in my short time on this Earth.

1.) I have always said that I would like to have my master's degree by the time I'm thirty.  I'm not sure I'll hit it since I'm just in the beginning stages and I'll be 28 in February, but its finally in the works and I just may get there.  And I would like to someday have my PHD, but I've not set a timeframe on that.

2.)I'd like to travel outside of the United States.   I thought this summer was finally going to take me there. I even got a passport, finally, but it wasn't to be.  Someday...

3.)  I'd like to visit the Galapagos Islands.  I know it could go hand in hand with number 2 but for some reason, they are separate goals.  I'll like to see the Galapagos for numerous reasons but I definitely became very interested in them after reading Barry Lopez's About This Life.

4.) I'd like to coach a national champion in track and field.  (Baby Steps. 1st conference champion, 2nd national qualifier, 3rd All-American, 4th National Champion, 5th Olympian??? )

5.) I'd like to get married.  Weird goal perhaps.  I'm uncertain about children, but I'd definitely like to get married and I should add that I'd like it to happen only once.  I also have no time frame on this.


No comments: