Wednesday, September 24, 2008

14 Random Thoughts on Hump Day

I went to school early today as it was a much needed "late start" Wednesday when we have a staff meeting and then work in our rooms for two hours before the students come in at 9:30 instead of 7:30. I've decided that the staff meetings screw everything up because everyone gets together and then afterward everyone talks (I'm definitely guilty) Needless to say, I wasn't as productive as hoped today and I'm a little disappointed in the workload I've accumulated for the next two days. It looks as though tomorrow night will be a grading paper party for me.

Today seemed like a day where random thoughts constantly meandered their way through my semi-consiousness. Here are a few.

1.) Teaching is so much easier when you are ultra-organized.
2.) Jack misses (as do I) Bojangles and its one of the saddest things I've experienced.
3.) I love the pumpkin scones from Starbucks (which I'm NOT a big fan of) I'm pretty disgusted with myself for wanting one every morning.
4.) Corn Festival is this weekend. Yeah!
5.) Buying a house, or thinking about buying a house rather, is tiring, stressing, and down right scary.
6.) I hate jerks, I've learned special tactics to avoid some of them.
7.) The possibility for revenge always rears its ugly head and I have resisted all the urges because I believe in karma and Bojangles is still not home.
8.) Teenagers don't listen and neither do men. I think perhaps maybe they only hear a different frequency. This frequency also adheres to emails and letters... ESPECIALLY things you've said more than ten times. (The general rule of however many teenagers you are addressing is how many times you have to repeat the directions is way off, its more like that number times 8)
9.) I love playing volleyball and I love hitting outside, it is amazingly refreshing.
10.) I'm more tired on Thursday than any other day of the week.
11.) I dearly appreciate my blog readers. You are doing God's work, thanks for hanging in there. I do watch my counter and I get very excited when it goes up by one.
12.) when my time is wasted is my pet peeve
13.) I would give up to 8 dollars for a pineapple juice and grey goose right now, but only if I was sitting in close proximity to a beach.
14.) I'll settle for some green tea and a shower. Good Night!

No comments: