Monday, September 22, 2008

Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival

My former employer, Jax Outdoor Gear is hosting the Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival. I went to the first event last night at the Rialto Theater in Loveland but they will be holding another at the Lory Student Center at CSU on September 27.

I thought it was awesome and I'd highly reccommend going. One of my favorites was the "Oil and Water Project" where two kayakers took a road trip from Alaska to Argentina using their truck that could convert ANY type of oil including pig lard. Another film of my interest (knowing I'm a coffee lover) discussed the amount of trash we produce by not bringing our own coffee mug to the coffee shop. (Perhaps a new christmas gift idea was born????)

You can buy tickets online at the jax website and they also have more information listed as well.

P.S. I also won a jax t-shirt in their drawing, which because I worked there for so long, I felt a little guilty for taking.

No comments: