Monday, November 10, 2008

Pheasant Hunting Opening Day


We have a long tradition of opening day of pheasant season. I haven't been able to participate the last few years because of state volleyball, football playoffs or WHATEVER... but for as long as I can remember we eat biscuits and gravy, drink coffee and orange juice, listen to some prehunting stories, then Dad says its time to go and I watch my father and his buddies orchestrate the caravan of pheasant slaughterers. (some of us aren't that great of shots and the caravan USED to include a bus)

I went this year and it was my best year. The weather was great. There were no stupid stickers, no walking through corn, I shot not one but two birds (one even right in front of my dad, whoot whoot.) AND it was a lot of fun to catch up with my childhood buddies. (Jared was here from WISCO!!!!)

It was a great Saturday and Sunday was great too, although much different, I played volleyball at Cherry Creek High School in a USAV qualifier tournament. We got fourth (again) but I didn't do as bad as I thought...For walking so much the day before, I give myself a B. (not stellar, but I had some shining moments) So yes, I went from one side of the world (Haxtun) to the other (Cherry Creek) but both days were awesome and today, I was exhausted.

No comments: