Monday, February 9, 2009

Pulled Pork Recipe

I have a lot to comment on about last weekend and the fabulous time I had at my housewarming party, but I don' t have much time to write so I'll just post my pulled pork recipe as promised.

Note: I used pork shoulder roast because I found it on sale for less than a dollar a pound, but I'm sure you could use other cuts.

Ingredients:
- pork shoulder roast
- root beer
- dried chili flakes (what do they call these?)
- cajun seasoning (I used "Slap Your Mama")
- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- Honey
- Brown Sugar

Directions:
Rub the pork with spices and slow cook the pork roast in rootbeer for 8-10 hours. I used enough rootbeer to fill my crockpot but not overflow it.

After pork is full cooked and ready to fall off the bone, drain off the rootbeer, remove any super fatty pieces and use a fork to seperate the pork. Add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar and a couple tablespoons of honey. Add bbq sauce to taste and serve on a roll.

I like to add more chili peppers and use some Cholula Hot Sauce, but then not everyone likes as much heat as I do!

Good Luck, these directions are a little shady but I just kinda added stuff til I liked it!

No comments: