Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Planning Out My Garden

I've never actually planned out landscaping for a house and garden. I simply have done what I was told in a preexisting garden.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to this summer is trying my hand at my very own garden.

I'm going to try to start this from seeds and while I know it's still too early to start things, I've been busy organizing and planning (ok and I started a few pansies on my windowsill)

So far for my garden I have decided on:

cucumbers
tomatoes
cantaloupe
watermelon
green peppers
green onions
Thai peppers
jalapenos
soybeans (edamame)
strawberries

Although I know they take a few years to develop I'd also like some rhubarb and asparagus.

I would like to line my fence with lilac bushes from Beecher island. And I've gotten seeds for a few different kinds of flowers including columbine, Hungarian poppies, Himalayan poppies, and pansies. I was given some daffodil bulb starts so I will also have those.

As far as what was here when I bought the place...I've counted at least 10 rose bushes around this place so it will be a surprise to see what actually transpires with the plants that remain from years past.

I will have a small herb garden including some chamomile and lavender and I'm hoping to plant them outside a window so i can smell them.


Any ideas? What am I forgetting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrots and strawberries!!