Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

I made Pumpkin Bread last night but as always, I added my own special touches. Here is my recipe.

Mel’s Pumpkin Bread
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup regular flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cloves
¼ tsp ginger
3 or so Tablespoons half and half
4 eggs
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can pumpkin
½ cup softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Cream sugars and butter together beat in eggs, half and half, and vanilla in large bowl. Add pumpkin and mix well. Slowly add Dry ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approx 70 min. or until toothpick inserted come out clean. Cool on wire rack.

No comments: