Rhubarb Apple Strawberry Ginger Crisp - (taken from yougrowgirl.com)
2 cups diced rhubarb stalks
2 apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
2 cups diced fresh strawberries
1/8 tsp fresh grated or finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup (dry sugar works too)
Juice of 1/4 of an orange (optional)
1 tbps flour
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup spelt flakes or oatmeal
1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar (The amount depends on what you are used to. I use less because we eat very little sugar)
1/3 cup of cold, cubed butter
pinch of powdered ginger
Chopped and diced fruit.
1. Place filling ingredients in a bowl and toss until the fruit is coated.
2. Dump ingredients into a 9″ square or round baking dish.
3. Combine crisp topping ingredients in a food processor. Mix until crumbly. Break up any large chunks of butter with a fork.
4. Spread the crisp topping evenly over the surface of the dish, covering all the fruit.
5. Bake at 350F until the topping is brown and the fruit is tender.
6. Serve warm or cold. It tastes good no matter how you eat it.
Notes: You can double the Crisp Topping mix if you like a thick and crunchy topping. I added ginger and orange juice because we had some kicking around that was about to go off. It makes a very interesting flavor but of course you can omit both or all and still turn out a great tasting crisp.