Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Update - Backpacking

As this summer is flying by, I'm trying to make good on a promise I made to myself to do more backpacking this summer.

I've started to compile a list of places in Colorado of interest to me. While I've decided on a few locations already, I thought I'd share a few off this list to see if anyone had more information on these places for me or suggestions as well!

Rustler Gulch, CO (8 miles)
near Crested Butte is supposed to have some of the best wildflowers in Colorado. info (970) 641-0471 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (970) 641-0471      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (970) 641-0471      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Conundrum Hot Springs (18 miles)
approach from Crested Butte side via the Copper Creek Trail vs the standard approach from Aspen

Mills Lake - (3 miles)
in RMNP park shuttle from lot on Bear Lake Rd to Glacier Gorge Junction. (970) 586-1206

Windom Peak from Chicago Basin

Holy Cross Loop (12 miles)

No comments: