Monday, January 12, 2009

Small Victories

I think I've always been a pretty hard worker. Not as hard as some, but definitely harder than others.

I have a definite new found respect for those who build, fix, and remodel homes. I've been working my bum off and I'm sure if I had fancier tools and a few bigger chunks of time and A LOT more skills (aka had the slightest clue what I was doing) I could knock this thing into a Pottery Barn lookalike.

But I'm working hard and I'm enjoying the process so far. I know it looks nothing like potterybarn but its mine and I'm really excited about that. I'm appreciating the things I'm doing for the first time because I'm sure the excitement of scooping snow off my sidewalk for the first time will DEFINITELY wear off.

This afternoon after I happily scooped snow, I did a little bit more painting, went and played some volleyball, made a grocery store run and scraped away another 3ft square of dumb wallpaper. Any wallpaper I get off that wall is a victory for me.

I appreciate all the encouragement I have received from friends and family about all my dorky victories. I can't wait to share more memories in this place and really make it my home.

No comments: