Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Flagstaff Recap



Last weekend UNC Track and Field competed at Northern Arizona University for the Big Sky Indoor Track and Field Conference Championships.

I was proud of Meaghan who placed second in the weight and earned All-Conference for her performance. Patrick also placed seventh in the shotput. While dreams of a NCAA birth for Meaghan didn't quite transpire, All-Conference is a pretty remarkable accomplishment. Meaghan has had a great couple weeks. Last week she earned Conference Athlete of the Week, this week All-Conference.

These trips are great. Its fun to think its my job to fly with 25 athletes to Arizona, get a per diem, and watch one of my favorite sports. Its a little more stressful than that (ever try to rent 3 vans from Budget...ugh...what about parrallel park one of these vans?) but its still great. I love my job.

No comments: