Here is a another recipe we made at the Yurt. Its actually pretty healthy and super delicious!
Yurty Stew - by Simone Vinnoy
• ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
• ½ cup water
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ground pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 4 cups chopped collard greens (about 10 ounces) tough stems removed (or just from a bag)
• 9 ounces cooked chicken or turkey sausage, cut lengthwise and sliced
• 2 15-ounce cans great northern or navy beans, rinsed
1. Whisk barbecue sauce, water, tomato paste, molasses, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
2. Heat oil in sauce pan. Add onion and collard greens and cook until greens are wilted. 2-5 min. Add sausage stirring until it begins to brown, about 3 min.
3. Reduce heat and add beans and sauce mixture to pan. Gently stir to combine. Cover and cook until hated through, about 3 minutes.
This is obviously the “right” way to prepare this. We just through it all together and cooked it in a stew pot. Instead of cooked onions we used onion powder. It is a very forgiving recipe.
I’m glad everyone enjoyed it!