Friday, September 25, 2009

Corn Festival!!!!

This weekend is my 10 year high school reunion. I'm excited to see my high school friends although (not surprising with only 22 of us) I've spoken to most of them many times since we graduated.

Mostly I'm excited for the Haxtun Corn Festival. In my 28 years of existence I don't think I've missed one! While the egg toss has been my long time favorite, I have some great memories from my younger years including riding on floats dressed as pioneers, being drum major, HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING, demolition derbies, decorating my bike with streamers as a kid, running the 5k in an actually decent time (those years have long passed) FFA member auction, watching football at someone's house (I love Haxtun for being so football-friendly), bbq dinners for the whole town, Lion's club hamburger stand with homemade pie, family visits from out of town,and of course THE LEGION!


Newspaper Article on the Cornfest!

No comments: